5.19.2009

ETYMOLOGY


With respect (or perhaps apologies) to the Supreme Court, the FCC vs. Pacifica Foundation, and to the deceased George Carlin, who seemed to master the art of “black comedy,” finding humor in topics considered culturally taboo...

“The Seven Words You Can Never Say In Politics”...

I love words.
I thank you for hearing my words.
I want to tell you something about words that I think is important.
They're my work;
they're my play;
they're my passion.
Words are all we have, really.
We have thoughts, but thoughts are fluid.
Then we assign a word to a thought,
and we're stuck with that word for that thought,
so be careful with words.
I like to think that the same words that hurt can heal;
it is a matter of how you pick them.
There are some people that are not into all the words.
There are some that would have you not use certain words.
There are 400,000 words in the English language,
and there are 7 of them you can't say in politics.
What a ratio that is.
399,993 to 7.
They must really be bad.
They'd have to be outrageous to be separated from a group that large.
All of you over here, you 7.
Bad Words.
That's what they told us they were, remember?
"That's a bad word!"
No bad words, bad thoughts, bad intentions, and words.
You know the 7, don't you, that you can't say in politics?

Hate.
Shame.
Anywingedextremist.
Failedadministration.
Clinton.
Bush.
Nobama.

The above words provoke from the start... dissolving objectivity from the dialogue.

(P.S. I love words.)

AR

No comments: